MY Shock , Outrage and Unbelievable Sadness
I recently completed a detailed review of 17 years of doctor, psychiatric and mental hospitalization records, notes , and so-called criminal records, I have felt outrage, shock and unbelievable sadness in realizing how I, the mental health system, and the criminal justice system have failed and criminalized my son. Among many other revealing and disturbing facts in these records, I discovered extreme drug overdosing and failure of the authorities to report his rape at age 17.
My name is Cindi Fisher and I am the Mother of Siddharta Fisher. My son, age 34, is in Clark County Jail in WA waiting to go to trial for spitting on a policeman and trespassing. He is suffering from trauma induced psychosis that should have been diagnosed as PTSD many years ago and he has NEVER been treated for it; and he is also suffering from extreme overdosing and the dangerous withdraw effect from strong brain altering psychiatric drugs. These side effects vary among individuals and can last from 1 day to many months. These withdraw effects can and have caused self harming acts, hallucinations, confusion, and aggressive, bizarre behavior in my son. These drug induced behaviors and acts have been and are criminalized. He has been in jail over 60 days and both his mental and physical health is deteriorating. He is in crisis. Please read his story below including how his adult criminalization cycle began when he was overdosed 1200% with a neuroleptic drug as a 17 year old minor and read his story on the web MentalHealthRightsYES.org about the year following the overdose as well as how the authorities failed mandatory reporting and investigation of his report of being raped at age 17…
then Please Support Siddharta’s Right to Heal by calling or emailing today through February 28, 2012:
1. Please call Clark County / Washington Prosecuting Attorney Camera Banfield 360-397-2261
Request that the charges against Siddharta Fisher be dropped.
2. Please call or email Vanessa Gaskin Director of Community Services in Vancouver, WA
Phone 360-397-2130 X-7838 or
email: Vanessa Gaskin Community.Services@clark.wa.gov
Request that Siddharta Fisher be given: 1) non-coercive, 2) no or low dose,3) intensive trauma informed psyco-social CARE, where he and his family, and support team are all allowed to be an intricate part of his recovery plan.
3. His BIRTHDAY is February 28! If you are inspired, send him a card or letter of encouragement today.
Siddharta Fisher #103258 Clark County Jail PO Box 1147 Vancouver, WA 98666
4. Please email me to let me know of your support Cindipacha@gmail.com and share this email with others and on your face book and blogs …to keep updated check MentalHealthRightsYES.org
OVER DOSED 1200% as an African American Minor
1) In December 1994, I unknowingly allowed my son to be experimented on by the psychiatric profession; a psychiatrist prescribed, my then minor 17 year old son, 6 mg of risperdal, the maximum adult dose of this brain altering neuroleptic medication (unbeknownst to me at the time FDA recommendation for minors age 5-17 was .5 mg instead of 6. ) This was 12 times or almost 1200% above the maximum recommended dose for youth. This began a vicious cycle of drugging and criminalization of acts that were drug or withdraw induced. As he is continually drugged and stops due to extreme side effects, he continually displays confused behavior, including self harm, extreme physical distress resulting in increased confusion and aggressiveness, which in turn results in acts that are criminalized and the “treatment” is again mandatory drugging . * Read DR. Peter Breggin’s books entitled Targeting Children of Color and Your Drug may Be your Problem!
*********Please return to the top and call or email Supporting Siddharta’s Right to Heal****************
Mothers across the Country in Shock, Outrage and Deep Heartbreak
I have since started a group called the M.O.M.S. Movement. It stands for the Movement Of Mothers Standing-up-together. I have been in contact, and now advocate for and with Mothers across the country. We each have experienced shock, outrage and deep heartbreak concerning the diagnosis, drugging, seclusion, and restraint methods, as well as exclusion of family and friends during the “treatment” of our young adult children as mentally ill and the acts that are criminalized. You can read more Mothers’ stories and our advocacy and Keep updated on Siddharta on our web page at MentalHealthRightsYES.org