Psychiatric Drug Withdrawal Guides
Disclaimer: These links are presented for informational purposes; PsychRights is not giving any medical advice and can not be held responsible for people using these resources.
Antidepressants & Halting SSRIs
PROTOCOL FOR THE WITHDRAWAL
OF SSRI ANTIDEPRESSANTS
by Dr David Healy MD, FRCPsych
North Wales Department of Psychological Medicine,
Bangor, Gwynedd LL57 2PW, Wales, UK
A “Doctor’s Pack” with useful withdrawal information that includes David Healy’s protocol as well as a few other helpful documents is available from the Seroxat (Paxil) user’s group in the United Kingdom. If you have any trouble downloading this, let me know.
3. Peter Lehmann has created a discussion group for those wanting to get off psychiatric drugs. http://www.topica.com/lists/coming-off
"Coming off psychiatric drugs" - an e-mail discussion list for people who want to come off all kinds of psychiatric drugs (neuroleptics, antidepressants, lithium, carbamazepine, psychostimulants and tranquilizers) on their own decision, and want to end addiction, recover from withdrawal syndromes and prevent once again ending up in the doctor’s office. And for psychotherapists, physicians, social workers, psychiatrists, natural healers and other professionals as well as friends and relatives helping withdraw. Without proposing a single answer fits all situations, or people. Never forget: All people are different, are individuals with different social condition, personal history, cultural background, terminology, problems, physical constitution, self-healing powers etc. Thank you. The registration for this mailing list is free of charge.
4. http://www.peter-lehmann-publishing.com/withdraw.htm. From this link you can order a copy of Peter Lehmann's book with the same title as his discussion group, "Coming Off Psychiatric Drugs - Successful Withdrawal from Neuroleptics, Antidepressants, Lithium, Carbamazepine and Tranquilizers." The world-wide first book about 'Succsessfully coming down from psychiatric drugs.'With experience-reports of 28 (ex-)users and survivors of psychiatric drugs from all over the world and additional articles of psychotherapists, physicians, psychiatrists, natural healers and other professionals helping withdraw. With prefaces by Judi Chamberlin, Pirkko Lahti and Loren R. Mosher.
5. http://www.clinical-depression.co.uk/anti_depressants/withdrawal/venlafaxine.html6. http://members.aol.com/atracyphd/orderfrm.htm#withdraw. This is the link where you can order Dr Ann Blake-Tracy’s tape which provides safe withdrawal guidelines. It’s called, “Help, I Can’t Get Off My Antidepressant”. Her book, “Prozac Panacea or Pandora” also offers information on safe withdrawal and ordering information is available from the link above.
7. Prozac Truth at http://www.prozactruth.com/taper.htm
8. The Paxil Withdrawal Guide: http://www.paxilprogress.org/wguide.php