ORGANIZATION MEETING OF
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
LAW PROJECT FOR PSYCHIATRIC RIGHTS, INC.
meeting of the initial board of directors of LAW PROJECT FOR PSYCHIATRIC RIGHTS,
1. Incorporation. Jim Gottstein reported that the Articles of Incorporation of this organization were filed in Anchorage on November 5, 2002, and a certificate of incorporation was issued by the Commissioner of the Department of Commerce on November 6, 2002, which were received a couple of days ago.
2. By-Laws. Jim Gottstein next presented to the meeting a form of By-Laws for the regulation of the internal affairs of the corporation. Said By-Laws were discussed and upon motion duly made, seconded and unanimously adopted, it was
RESOLVED, that the By-Laws presented to this meeting be and they hereby are adopted as the By-Laws of this corporation, and a copy of such By-Laws be placed in the minute book of the corporation.
3. Permanent Directors. The chair announced that the next order of business was to elect permanent directors for the corporation under the By-Laws. Upon motion duly made, seconded and unanimously adopted Jim Gottstein, Michele Turner and Don Roberts were elected to the board of directors. The permanent directors assumed their positions.
4. Election of Officers. The meeting next proceeded to the election of officers as specified in the By-Laws. Nominations having been made, the following persons were successively duly elected to the offices set opposite their names:
President Don Roberts
Vice President [vacant]
Secretary Jim Gottstein
Treasurer Michele Turner
The officers thereupon took their respective offices.
5. Bank Account. As the next item of business, the secretary requested the meeting confirm the selection of a depository for the funds of the corporation. After discussion, upon motion duly made, seconded and unanimously adopted, it was.
RESOLVED, that Wells Fargo be confirmed as the depository for the funds of this corporation; that the proper officers execute the required forms of resolutions for the opening of a corporate bank account as used by said Bank, and a copy of same be annexed to the minutes of this meeting and incorporated herein as if fully set forth, and it was further
RESOLVED, that the President, Secretary and Treasurer be authorized to sign all checks, drafts, notes, etc.
6. Tax Exemption (501(c)(3)) Application. The application for exemption from tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code was discussed and it was moved, seconded and unanimously adopted that the application for Tax Exempt status under the Internal Revenue Code be prepared and submitted by the Treasurer.
7. Credit Card. The next item of business, the secretary requested a corporate credit card be obtained. A limit of $2,500.00 was requested and that Jim Gottstein be the only authorized signer. After discussion, it was moved, seconded and unanimously adopted.
8. Adjournment. There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned.
Dated: _______________ __________________________
Jim Gottstein, Secretary